Lets Go Shopping – Working With Money In Maths
You will be given a Maths investigation that you will really love. Here is your scenario:
It is time to go christmas shopping. You will be:
- Shopping for a family of 4 – A female ( A mum) 45 years of age, A Male (A grandad) 67 years of age, A teenage female 16 years of age and a young male toddler 3 years of age.
- You have $1000 because you had saved all year to buy really good presents.
- You can spend as much as you would like on each person but your total spending can not go over $1000.
- Make sure you keep a tally of your calculations.
- You will be marked on your mathematical evidence e.g. your working out
- You must be able to keep a running total of your expensives.
- Use you grid book, this will keep your calculations neat and easy to understand.
- Record your spending by naming the items you buy.
- You will work with a partner.
- Have Fun
Here are the websites you must use to go shopping:
Here is a look at the notes and coins that are in the Australian Money System.