Category Archives: Homework
We are coming towards the end of the school year. It has been a very busy year which has included the following
- Curriculum Clubs (Science, History, Values and Global Goals)
- Read Alouds such as Fire, Cyclone, Flood, Bushland Lullaby
- Narrative Writing Lessons
- Persuasive Writing Lessons
- Writers Gift
- Maths Rotations focussing on Addition and Subtraction
- Maths Rotations focussing on Multiplication and Division
- Maths Rotations focussing on Fractions
- Minibeasts Inquiry
- The Changing Earth Inquiry
- Camp Coolamatong
- School Concert
- Koorie Culture Day
Your homework for this week is to write down 3 events / activities that you thought were your highlights for the year and the reasons why. They can even be something that happened at school this year that is not on the list.
If you wanted to buy the following for lunch how much would it cost altogether?
Make sure you show your working out.
- Salad Roll $ 2.10
- Orange Juice $ 1.25
- A banana $ 0.90
We have been looking at synthesising in our Reading lessons this term. Synthesising is where your thinking changes as you read. Your homework is to write down an example of where your thinking has changed whilst you have been reading your Take Home book.
Your homework for this week is to write down 3 strategies that you can use to make your persuasive writing more powerful.
If you went to camp your homework is to choose one thing that you enjoyed at Camp Coolamatong and explain why you liked it. It might be one of the activities that you did, it could be something to do with the food that you ate or it could be something that you enjoyed doing during one of the night time activities or during free time. The important thing is to explain why you liked it.
If you didn’t go to camp your homework is to choose one thing that you enjoyed whilst in the grade you were in for the 3 days. It might be one of the lessons that you joined in with or it could be something that you enjoyed doing with one of the children in that particular grade. You also need to explain why you liked it.
Your homework for this week is to use the correct word to complete each sentence.
were where wear we’re
- I am going to buy some new clothes to ______________ at the party.
- We ___________ going to the park to play but then it started to rain.
- I wonder ____________ the dog hid the bone.
- __________ going down the street after lunch.
- “___________ are we going?” asked the children.
- We _________ running late for the appointment.
- The weather is too hot to ___________ a jumper.
- I hope __________ not late for the game.
OWI (Observe, Wonder, Infer)
Your homework for this week is to write down an Observation, a Wondering or an Inference that you have made whilst reading one of your Take Home Books. You can even make a Wondering from an Observation and turn it into an Inference.
Remember you use your Schema (Background Knowledge) with Evidence from the book to make an Inference.
Please write down the name of the book you used and also the page number that you made your Observation, Wondering or Inference.